Friday, August 28, 2020

I did manage a soak in the Party Pool yesterday, and for awhile had it all to myself.  As always I fixed up shade for Brownie under the bench - but he decided he'd rather check out things on the sunny side of the towel.


Here's the view from above:



Before last night's walk I did find a replacement flashlight in the car, though it isn't as bright as the 'original' one, and doesn't have an adjustable beam (which is handy) or a strap long enough to slip over my wrist (which is really handy!)  



In order to avoid tripping over a rock or dip I focused on looking straight ahead into the puddle of light - and thus I missed 'who'ever started the disturbance on my right when we were passing the pools as Brownie lunged and I heard barking/growling.  In the couple of seconds it took me to react and swing the light in that direction the noisy interaction was over, and a large (and unleashed) dog was just standing there - though with no people anywhere in sight.



Back at the house Terry and Karen were hard at it, 
working on the sky background to the penguin puzzle.



Tried to soak this morning, but despite an invite from a solo woman in the Lower Apple to "join her family", the camp host soaking in the Upper was very unhappy with that.  Despite assurances that we would sit at least double the 6' space apart (and were outside) he was a stickler for the rules, and not wanting to make waves (at least until the November election) I just left.



This morning I made my reservation at "our" motel in Cortez for Tuesday night.  It'd be nice to make it further that day, except that after that there's really no good place to stay.  Though it'll make for a longer drive on Wednesday, at least I won't have to get an early start from here and can spend that last morning soaking.  Brownie won't be thrilled with all the time in the car, but he is actually a very good traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment