Friday, September 28, 2012

Yesterday the rheumatologist was very happy to hear that my all-over body itch is (finally) under control... but certainly no happier than I am!

She ordered a Vitamin D bloodtest (which I took care of this morning) as a baseline before I start on the Vitamin D and Calcium that oncologist wants me to start, although there's some question about the amounts of those.  (Plus after looking at the numbers on the bottles at the store I'm more confused than ever.)  

And after looking at my Dexa numbers (my osteopenia is almost at the osteoarthritis level) she wrote a scrip for Fossamax.When I dropped off the new Rx today I had hoped to pick up the Arimidex, but the insurance company is still balking at that one (something about prior authorization.)  Not an issue yet since I'm supposed to wait until my radiation rash is all cleared up before starting it, but I would still like to see it resolved before it does become an issue.

Yesterday while I was way on the west side of town I also picked up a refill of Sapphire's meds.  Since I was ahead of schedule 
I stopped in at the thrift store next door, and found the most adorable (and brand new, tags still attached) ladybug outfit (zip up jacket and pants) perfect for some lucky little girl. (You can't see the black pants because they're still attached to the back of the jacket.) 
Of course I ended up buying it, for only $3.50.  How could I pass up a bargain like that?  With its own jacket it's the perfect costume for a chilly Halloween evening.

Tonight is irrigation, but at a ridiculously convenient time, early evening. 
In preparation I used to riding mower to take care of the Back 40, center ditch, and all around the guest cottage, Tom did all the weed-eating, and Alex (whenever he finally appears today) is slated to mow the main ditch.  But one of them will have to take care of letting the water go - I have other plans for the evening.
It's Bunco with the neighborhood ladies tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment