Tuesday, September 4, 2012


Today was Day 15 of radiation, which means I've reached the midpoint of that part of treatment. YAY!
It's all downhill from here? <G>

This afternoon's chemo was snappy - only took about 40 minutes - although the Benadryl did knock me for a loop and I chilled out for another hour before I felt awake enough to drive home.  
Once home, I took a nap.

Also found out that as soon as I finish my radiation I will start on a daily dose of  Arimidex, which I will continue taking for 5 years.  Apparently my tumors were 100% caused by my own body's Estrogen, and this drug will inhibit my production of said hormone.  Common side effects of the drug are hot flashes and muscle/joint pain, and less common ones are nausea, decreased energy, and mood disturbances.  

I don't vote for any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment