Tuesday, July 18, 2017

It was a great concert Sunday night! A big Thank You to Amy for inviting me, and introducing me to Roy Zimmerman's music; he's quite the entertainer!!!  Every selection he shared with us was pertinent and witty, and each song he sang seemed better than the last.  I bought his CDs, and look forward to enjoying more of his wit on my drive to Colorado.  (I shared many YouTube links of him on FB, but if you missed them there you can just look him up on your own.) With the daily clusterfuck coming out of the White House he certainly has no lack of material from which to draw, though of course his newest songs haven't yet had time to be recorded.  Guess I'll just have to watch for his next CD!



On the way home Sunday night there was a lot of lightning in the sky, though I wasn't expecting much more than a lightshow.  However we did actually get quite a bit of rain (I was glad the downpour waiting until I was safely home) which naturally trashed the pool that I had cleaned earlier in the day.



During the day I also finished binding Lisa's quilt,
and also made substantial progress on the 3 mesh bags.



On Monday I had more things to add to my To Do List since I'll be driving myself to the hot springs (for a multitude of reasons Tom won't be going this year.) I called Fletcher's this morning to see about getting my oil changed. Sometimes they are so busy I have to wait days for an appointment, so I was quite happy that they could get me in yesterday afternoon at 2:00.  But I was not happy upon arrival to find that the new Firestone sign actually signaled a change in ownership, and my pre-paid oil change card that had a number of punches left on it was no longer good. In addition Fletcher's always included a free tire rotation, but Firestone charges unless I bought the tires from them. Not thrilled, but I need the oil change (which, being a turbo, is naturally more than the regular $25) and so was glad that I was able to get it done yesterday.


And guess my resigned-rather-than-angry attitude worked, because Cissy decided to honor my card after all! I was happy, and they should be also, because her decision pretty much guarantees I will become a new customer.



Unfortunately they could not rotate the tires, because the "thingy" that lived in the glove box (and was only used when the tires were rotated at Fletchers...) apparently had not been returned after its last use. (They looked, and then I looked - and then I also emptied the console, 'just in case' is was mis-filed.)  So I will need to get a replacement at the dealership upon my return. Can only imagine what they will charge for that little tool. Sigh... At least the tires are in good shape.

At 3:00 they told me that I needed a new air filter (they did show me how "congested" the old one was when I tried to find the tire thingy) - but (of course) they didn't have one in stock. That meant an additional wait while they found one somewhere else. Had I known I was driving my car I would have taken care of all this last week.... I really DO try to plan ahead!


Marcie had called earlier in the day, and so after my fun getting the oil changed I stopped in to show her Irene's handiwork on Lisa's quilt (she loved it.) I also wanted to see how "moved in" they are these days; her sewing room looks great, and we're both looking forward to getting together and playing in September.


Her AccuCut machine is all set up, and she pointed out that the die holder still has room for more, "once we decide what we still need"!


Latina was beyond thrilled to see me (not her usual behavior with visitors) so Marcie said it was obvious she remembers me from her visits over here.



Yesterday I did manage to muck my sewing area (and 4 tubs of stuff have been relocated to Alex's room so it won't 'offend' Tom when he's watching TV while I'm gone.) 


I saw this on the internet this morning, so it MUST be true. right? <G>



In the meantime, with Benny's help
Tom moved some of his equipment into the living room.



Later this morning I have my last gym session for quite a while (of course I can always hike or swim laps or otherwise exercise while I'm at the hot springs.... but WILL I?)  I also need to pop in to Winco after the gym for a few things to bring with me, but otherwise the day is free to finish up packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment