Thursday, July 14, 2016

This morning I took some more treasure rocks up to the Party Pool. There were two little girls, Reina and Selilah (both 3 1/2) who were more than willing to help me toss them into the water.  After I built another 'architectural wonder' (lol) 8 rocks tall I got a cute picture of Reina sitting next to it, and I offered to e-mail a copy of it to her dad. Let me digress for a moment and mention that I have been working diligently to be less critical and judgmental - but when her dad turned around and I saw the large tattoos on his back I definitely failed today's 'test'. Covering his back were two huge swastikas (though no doubt I would have found them just as obscene and disturbing if they had been a 'tasteful' size) so that was the end of wanting to have any further contact with him. In my 35 years of coming here, that's my first experience like this; the overwhelming majority of folks who frequent the hot springs are the kind of people I admire and enjoy being around.

This morning I woke up to some foot issues with my 'good' left foot that feels reminiscent of the pain from the stress fracture I experienced last year with my right foot. I don't remember doing anything yesterday to hurt it, though of course I have been wearing flip-flops up to the pools these past two weeks after giving them up last year.  So I will stay off of it as much as possible and hope that it's happier tomorrow.

Slim was here today doing doing some more work on the door frame, and after seeing some of Tom's work brought down a portfolio of his woodwork to show us. Impressive!  He's invited us to come visit his house, and I am looking forward to seeing some of his work 'up close and personal'.

I watched a Cat Ballou this afternoon with the goal of having Neil watch with me so Terry could cook uninterrupted. While he never did sit, he did stay in the room with me which was a help to her. I got some needlework done, but am missing a few crucial colors that would be a big help in keeping me lined up for the next section.  Maybe I can find them next time we go to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment