Friday, July 15, 2016

Terry was planning to go to Salida today to pick up some groceries to tide us over until her trip to Denver, and I was going to go with her. But then Tom reminded us that he was going to Salida today to visit a friend of ours (another Steve) so he's going to make the grocery run. Nice for Terry since Neil did not have a good night, and she got very little sleep.

Dan left this morning after his "16-hour vacation" so I stripped that bed and did some laundry for Terry. Every year he invites us to swing by Taos on our way home, though it's not really on the way.  Depends on when we leave here, and how anxious we are to return to the Furnace, but we would love to see his place, especially his garden.

With a late start I couldn't stay too long in the hot Apple Pool, though before we all bailed we discussed the political situation and (no surprise) were all appalled with Trump.  I spent most of the morning at the Party Pool, where I continued to rescue downed dragonflies. Most made rapid recoveries, though one took so long to perk up that I thought I might have been too late.  Did get to admire the beautiful markings on his wings, and watch him 'wash his face' like a cat - and he did eventually fly off.

Musician Mark was there, and it turns out he's also a talented masseur. Though my foot seems a little better this morning, it sure enjoyed the deep massage.  Mark also offered to take a picture with me in it when I had my camera out - so now I have 'proof' that I was here.  He and John will be playing at the Oak House tomorrow night (and possibly tonight) and I always enjoy listening to them.

As I was passing the swimming pool on the way back to the house Steve had just finished laying more dirt/gravel to further level out the wheelchair path from the handicapped parking.  When he offered me a ride down to the house in the truck, my foot happily accepted.

When I arrived Terry was heating up some of the outrageously scrumptious leftovers from last night, so lunch was even yummier than usual.  She'd spoken with Elinor this morning, and the great news is that she's being moved from the hospital to the rehab facility today!  The 'usual' stay there is a week to ten days, so depending on her recovery it's possible that Elinor could make it home before we leave. That would be wonderful news for all concerned.




No comments:

Post a Comment