Monday, July 11, 2016

Not a very restful night. I woke up at midnight, then again at one, two, and three - and finally got out of bed at 4:30.  Helped Terry with Neil once they got up, and then sent her on her way. After Steve got up And took over I spent the morning soaking in the Apple and Party Pools, chatting with lots of interesting folks.  We were all amazed that this morning there was no sign of yesterday's fire!   By late morning I was pretty well pruned out and decided on a change of venue.  Right as I got down to the swimming pool, thinking about reading in the shade, Tom appeared - with chocolate!  

I came down to the house for lunch (and to take over Neil duty so Steve could have a break) and Steve helped me clean up my iPad; yesterday he'd helped Tom with his laptop. There was an e-mail from Terry, who'd made it to Pueblo without having to take a fire detour.  She'd also talked briefly to Elinor, who sounded good.  We're all quite worried about her, especially since she'd had to have additional (emergency) surgery yesterday to control the abdominal bleeding.  By now Terry should have made it to Denver, where hopefully she'll find her sister doing well!

When Steve went to Elinor and Richard's to take care of the cat he was able to see quite a bit of smoke from the fires, and this afternoon when the wind picked up some dramatic plumes were again visible here.  However the wind soon moved them out of sight behind the ridge.

Tom stayed with Neil for a while this afternoon and I spent some time floating in the swimming pool. Got to see Warren's art portfolio - and am going to buy one of his drawings.

While I was gone UPS delivered the louvers, and a bit later Slim came by to pick them up so he can build the door. It'll be at least a week before it's ready for installation (partly because the finishes will need to air out for several days) but at least the end is in sight.

Tom and I played some Acey-Deucy games this afternoon before dinner, and he walloped me each time.  I'm glad it's time for him to fix dinner so I can quit losing...

No comments:

Post a Comment