Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Last night's cribbage game was practically a photo finish. While I didn't win, I was quite happy that when it was my deal I was able to shuffle, albeit gingerly.  That's definitely progress for my thumb!

Forgot to mention that yesterday morning when I was taking stuff out to the car for the run to town there was a bull snake in the weeds behind the car.  Shadow was very interested it, and I hissed at him every time he started to sniff at it - at which point the snake started to 'rattle' back. My original plan was to pick it up and relocate it off to the side so it wouldn't get run over, but it seemed somewhat agitated at this point and I didn't want to get bitten. (That happened to me here one year when I was moving one of the king snakes out of the parking lot; so much for doing it a favor!) At that point Doug came by and he did the deed.

Today is pool draining/cleaning day, but these days that doesn't happen as early in the morning as when Neil and Terry were doing it so I may still be able to get in my laps this morning.  Heading up there now, and will see if I can swim today or just go straight to soaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment