Friday, June 24, 2016

Yesterday was my last OT until after vacation.  Gretchen had me do a new exercise (the wrist puzzle) to help strengthen that part of my hand, and I will continue to work on various exercises with the ball and rubber band while we're gone; it sure would be great to come back and find my hand much improved.  At least I have seen some improvement this past week; now I can hold "heavier" things (like a book) in that hand without too much trouble.



In the afternoon Wanda and I visited with Jeannie, who is pretty much tied to the house these days.  Rich looks very thin, and is on powerful pain meds.  Not an easy situation for either of them.



My headache crept back yesterday so I never did feel like figuring out the chicken quilt borders. Though the pain was not as bad as it had been, I was definitely looking forward to true relief after my appointment with the chiropractor this afternoon.  Of course first I had to get through my session at the gym.  That went reasonably well, though I've been doing so well that Jim has been challenging me with more difficult machines.  Wonder if he'd go easy on me if I get this workout shirt? <g> 



I do feel better after my visit to the chiropractor.  As expected, the source of my back/neck issues originated elsewhere: in my foot (where I had the stress fracture.)  That puts my walking gait off, which throws out my hip, which causes the other problems.  Now I'm all aligned, plus I have some additional shoe inserts for the ball of my foot that should help. 



Tyga returned this afternoon for another weekend at Dodge Doggy Daycare.  We certainly enjoy having him here, and I had thought that maybe I'd whip up his new pawprint bandanna this weekend. But he arrived with a new collar and bandanna - now he's all set for the upcoming holiday!



I'm trying to think about packing for Colorado.  While I know it gets nippy in the mountains at night, it's a tad difficult to relate to socks and sweatshirts in this record heat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment