Saturday, June 18, 2016

I've been sewing this morning.  Now that my flange demo is over I was able to finish adding the flanges to the rest of my holiday placemats.  Now they just need the binding and they'll be done... way ahead of the December 'deadline'!



The ladies at Foothills have been making Heart quilts to give as condolence quilts to members.  Sadly we've already had to give out several.


I've got a project for that in the works.


Here are some of the fabrics I will be using - and of course it's possible <g> I could find additional heart fabrics when I'm able to go through several boxes of fabrics that are sitting around.



Linda has made up some spectacular applique blocks (no surprise - she is SO talented!) for that project, and when she and I were at the quilt show last weekend she bought some fabric she thought would work as borders for them.  But she didn't bring the blocks with her (surprised she made such a rookie mistake!) and when she got home she realized that fabric wouldn't work.  I suggested she bring her blocks with her on Friday and shop at Bobbi's Boutique - where I found the perfect fabric in my stash!



And speaking of my stash... it continues to grow (almost exponentially), 
and some time ago 'leaked' into both of the kids' rooms.  


Lisa has been gone for 8 years now.  Since she has "no plans" for today
(until she leaves for the 5:00 wedding), I suggested that she take a little bit of time and try to empty out one side of her closet.  (Usually when she's in town she stays in Scottsdale, and her time here at the house is limited.)  Once the closet is vacated I would have a place to store more of my fabric in a way that I could see what I've got!


It's a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment