Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Yesterday I got a surprise visit from Jan (who was in the neighborhood) and her two granddaughters Sienna and Macy.  They wanted to visit Pokey, but unfortunately she was tucked away in the corner behind the oleanders and not 'receiving' visitors at the time.


So instead we looked at some of my quilts, and then the girls made Disappearing Nine-Patches (from paper) after admiring the watermelon placemat.  They obviously really enjoyed it, because after they got home they made several more.  Here's a pic of one that Jan sent me shortly after they left here.



I'd finally gotten around to packing up something for Mom, and ventured out into the heat early in the afternoon to mail it at the post office.  After waiting in line about 15 minutes (glad I brought something to read) it turned out that they wanted almost $15 for that small bundle - so I ended up bringing it back home with me.  (Though as long as I was there it shouldn't be a totally wasted trip; I picked up some of the new planet stamps, which are quite pretty.) Linda returned my call a little later, and after hearing the sad saga of my unproductive trip to the PO mentioned a mailing envelope Rick uses for work (like the boxes Tom uses to mail his rocks, one price no matter the weight.) She's going to bring one to the meeting on Wednesday so maybe Mom will get her goodies sooner rather than later.



After I finished bagging up my dozen sets of Log Cabin Strips (10 light, 10 dark) I took them over to Penny's house; I'm hoping to be at the quilt show up at Strawberry on Saturday (with Linda?) when they're doing the swap that day.  Love her quilting room (in what was the master bedroom) and all the quilts scattered around her house.



This morning Cindy is stopping by to pick up the bag of Matt's t-shirts she left here (years ago) when she was planning to make them into a quilt for him and I was helping her.  Obviously I'm not the only one who starts projects that get put aside...



After four days of record-breaking heat it's going to "cool" off some.  And yes, that is a VERY relative term.  On the news last night there was a segment about a pizza place that cooked a pizza outside on the pavement.


No comments:

Post a Comment