Thursday, October 31, 2013

This cold <g> weather is making my bones ache, and (possibly even worse than that!) sending creepy crawlies inside.  Yesterday morning I almost stepped on a big spider in the bathroom - scary!  And it wasn't a fake Halloween one, either.

At Busy Bees yesterday Patty Woodford showed a quilt 
for the class she'll be teaching next Wednesday.
  
It's a dramatic pattern yet the method of construction is so simple I've decided to do it.  (Nothing else to do, right?!?!) 

In fact, when I got home from class and was waiting for Cindy to show up I pulled out the scrap of white-on-white that Jeannie gave me (leftover from Patricia's quilt) and started cutting out some pieces. While I was not surprised that Cindy didn't make it here by noon, as planned -

I was surprised that she still was determined to make an appearance, as late as she arrived (3:00).  She did call several times with ETA 'updates', and also checked to make sure it was still okay to come that late.  And we are making progress on her daughter's quilt, though, which is encouraging.

Cindy's next 'appointment' for Quilt Camp is Monday, again noonish (after my PT.)  Maybe if she shoots for 10:00?  <g>

Today is PT again, and then (finally!) I'm meeting Amy for lunch (at Mimi's) between her OT patients.  We might even get in a game of Scrabble!  

Hope I can stay awake this evening for our Trick-or-Treaters; I woke up at 3:00 this morning, and <sigh> finally turned on the light to read at 4:00.  

Last night we watched an interesting documentary on the evolution of Halloween, its symbols and customs, and I learned a whole bunch of interesting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment