Friday, December 21, 2012


Well it looks like the world hasn't ended yet (although it's still dark outside, so maybe it has and I just can't see it.)

I spoke with Tom's night nurse, and unfortunately he didn't have such a good night, due to those !@#$% hiccups. There is a med they can give him for that (it starts with a 'B') that helps... but they can only give that 3 times a day. He had it at midnight, so he's not due again until later at 8:00. His chest pain is (paradoxically) worse just because he is in such good health; they had to cut through his muscles to get to the heart.
But medically, he's way ahead of the curve, although that's small consolation when he's in so much pain.

At lot of you are also worried about me, but let me assure you that I'm doing fine. Having a couch in the room is wonderful, and allows me to rest (almost) like I'm at home. 

In fact I almost dozed off yesterday, although with the noise (his machines have been going off constantly, mostly because he's moving, and there's also a lot of activity past his door) and of course there's a steady parade in and out of his room of doctors and nurses and respiratory therapists and people pricking him to check his blood sugar and who knows what else.  

Lisa comes home late tonight, and once she's there I won't necessarily have to stay all day.

I should have more news after the Discharge Class this morning on when he'll be released to a step-down unit (maybe today?) and when they expect to send him home. At that point, I may need extra prayers... Tom has never been a good patient, and until his pain subsides he 'may' be cranky. While I know he will feel much better at some point, pain is never any fun! Here's hoping that is soon just a dim memory!

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment