Sunday, December 30, 2012

I've been trying to catch up on stuff around the house, and yesterday I leafed through the Goucher Quarterly, the magazine from Lisa's alma mater; it's always interesting to find articles that mention people she has mentioned over the past 4 years.  Aside from a mention of one of her favorite professors (whom I got to meet at graduation) there was little of interest, until I came to the page "five creative works by alumnae/i and faculty".  And listed there was You Saved Me, Too, a book I'd just put on my library Hold list after hearing an interview with the author on NPR earlier this month.  (As of this morning I'm now #1 for that book - and 2 others - so should have it soon.)
(Susan Kushner Resnick graduated from Goucher in 2000.)

In a little bit I'm off to see Les Mis with Mary and Patti.  
I know it didn't get stellar reviews, but I'm easily entertained.

Tom is doing better this morning; a good night's sleep (thank you, Lunesta!) certainly didn't hurt!  He's currently napping on the couch (he got tired of napping in the recliner) and maybe when I get back from the movie he'll be up for a short walk outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment