Sunday, December 23, 2012


After Lisa came to the hospital yesterday (she's just arrived home for 2 weeks) I went home to shower and eat something.  Then I took Marilyn's sisterly advice and took a nap instead of heading right back to the hospital ("since Lisa was there with Tom, and Alex would be heading over after work".)  I decided not to set my alarm, figuring I'd wake up when Lisa and/or Alex came home.  NOT.  So I definitely got in a good 'nap', sleeping in my own bed from 2:30 pm until almost 8:00 pm.  

It was almost 9:00 before I was able to speak with his night nurse Chelle.  Apparently sometime in the late afternoon (after Lisa had left) Tom's mind took him off to other places again (he's been in Texas and LA, among other places) and she was trying to get him settled in for the night.  I was back in bed at 10:00 and (with a little help from Lunesta) slept until 5:30 this morning. It felt good to get out of the ICU room for a few hours, but now I'm ready for another fun day.

I talked to Chelle around 5:30 am and Tom had a so-so night. He's still confused and has  tried to rip the IV out of his arm. I'll be heading over to the hospital shortly and see the situation for myself firsthand.  Obviously he won't be coming home today or tomorrow as planned - we still haven't been able to move him out of ICU to the step-down unit! But he's obviously NOT ready to come home, and we'll just celebrate later in the week.
  
Estera brought over a casserole last night, so if/when I end up spending any time at home (!) I won't starve.

No comments:

Post a Comment