Friday, December 14, 2012

It's definitely Winter today - at least Phoenix's version: angry clouds and nippy temps (high today is only going to be in the 50s.)  But it does give me a chance to wear my heavy Chanukah sweatshirt, so it all works out.

This morning Darlene came over to 'shop' for fabrics in blues and yellows (a great trade-off for a completed Christmas baby quilt for Julianna!) and then I headed out to pick up some gifts for Tom and Lisa and Alex.  At one stop, where I planned to pick up 3 items "only available during the Christmas holiday" there was a sale today... buy 3, get 3 free.  My lucky day!

At the book store, where I was (in theory, anyway) just going to get one particular book for Tom, I ended up leaving with 8.  Of course no real surprise there, since I could easily have left with double (or triple, or....) that amount.

When I got home from all that running around I had some hot soup to warm me up, and now I think I'll crawl into bed and read for awhile.  And if I should doze off and nap, that'll just be an added bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment