Friday, October 12, 2012

Now for some more of the trip pix I promised you.  I'm going to start with Antelope Canyon, which we did on the second day.  Not sure how it got its name, and we didn't actually see any antelope there - these are from the next day, at Bryce. 

But I digress.  During the short hour I spent in Antelope Canyon I took 128 pix (Don't worry, I'm not going to post them all, although virtually all of them came out great. It truly is a wondrous place!)  

However - I shot most of them vertically rather than horizontally (no real surprise in a slot canyon) and even though I rotated them before saving  (and they behave and post just fine in e-mails or on FB) they insist on reverting to their original orientations on Blogspot.  And (naturally) I had no way of knowing which ones were originally taken the 'correct' way.  So there will be a little head-tilting to the left to view these.  (Work those neck muscles, ladies!)

The first amazing thing about the canyon is how accessible it is, yet you'd never know it was there! This is just a handful of miles outside of Page, AZ - and a matter of maybe 50 feet (!) from the parking lot!
See all the footprints in the sand?

Here is Tom entering.  In many places inside, the foot trail really was only this wide, although the walls curved outward.  Good thing... NONE of us are that skinny!


In a matter of steps, he's inside!

And this is what it looks like!

There were a few places to climb down a short ladder
but most of it was pretty level walking.

This part of Antelope Canyon (there's an Upper tour and a Lower tour) is only 400 yards - but with all the picture taking we spent an hour traversing it - and EASILY could have stayed much longer.  If you're ever in Page, it's a MUST DO!!!  In fact, even if you never planned to visit Page, you might (should?!) want to adjust your intinerary!

It's hard choosing just a few pix to post.... but will try not to get too carried away.

tilt your head left (tyhl)

(tyhl)





(tyhl)







(tyhl)



(tyhl)

(tyhl)

(tyhl)
I really was there also, but all of the pix of me in the canyon are on Tom's camera, and he hasn't sent them to me yet.  

(tyhl)

(tyhl)

It was everything I'd hoped for, and more.  Will definitely add it to my MUST DO AGAIN list any time I'm in northern Arizona!


No comments:

Post a Comment