Thursday, July 5, 2012

This morning, when I went out to set the irrigation gates, 
I found a fledgling in the grass in the Back 40.  

But sure enough, Mama and Papa were nearby in a tree, making considerable noise and obviously concerned about my interest in their little one.  

By the time I came back with the camera, they decided to swoop over me and try to dissuade me from interfering with their baby.  Not wanting to stress them out any further, I snapped one quick pic and left.  Hope they manage to coax their baby to safety before one of the neighborhood stray cats finds it!

Yesterday morning was overcast and cool, perfect for raking up a big pile of leaves. Thank you, Lisa, for then scooping them up and filling the big green can. We were going to swim to rinse off the dust, but the water was so nippy (now there's a concept this time of year!) that we dipped and quickly got out.  

And later, we got rain!  
Okay, so it wasn't very hard, sort of a heavy sprinkle, and didn't last too long, 
but we'll take whatever we can get!

Spent much of the rest of the day watching Parks & Rec episodes - very enjoyable series.

No comments:

Post a Comment