Monday, July 30, 2012

Not sure why I didn't blog yesterday - I was home, and feeling fine.  
Guess I just got busy with other stuff?

Today being Monday I'm used to heading to the lab first thing in the morning for a blood draw.  It did seem strange not to have to do that today.  But just to make up for the hiatus,
I've got a CT Scan on Tuesday, and and Echo Cardiogram on Thursday.

Lisa's time at Teacher Training in Flagsaff was well spent.  She said it was 'rigorous - but extremely helpful', which is always nice.  (I personally can remember lots of teacher 'training' that was just a waste of everyone's time!)  Lisa spent Sunday packing up and moving out of her room.  I will say that she did a great job, and now we'll have the full use of that room since she's 'officially' no longer living here.  No surprise that her car was pretty loaded up, although not quite this bad . <g>

Her original plan was to head out right after dinner so she'd get to Tucson at a reasonable hour and get all moved in there (she had to be at the school first thing this morning for meetings) but the storm delayed her.  (I'm glad Alex got the backyard mowed yesterday before the rain hit!) She did leave here around 8:00 - but was back again at 9:00.  At first I thought she'd forgotten something crucial (hey, it could happen....) but turns out that she'd spoken to Tom, who was on his way back from a fishing trip to Monterrey.  He was bummed that he wouldn't get to see her (plus he had a bunch of fresh fish to give her!) so she decided that since she wasn't that far she'd turn around and come back and surprise him.  (He actually would have been home around 8:00 if he hadn't ended up stranded in the big traffic jam on I-10 after a nasty fatal accident when a semi crossed the median and hit a mini-van head-on, killing a family of 7 occupants.)
How does their family even begin to cope with something like that?  I wish them strength in the days ahead.

Speaking of family helping us through things, on Saturday I got a lovely surprise from Mom, a penguin  pillow to 'keep me company' when I'm lying down on the couch or in bed:

I also picked up some Michael Miller penguin fabric over the weekend.  The small store right near me was having a sale, and I popped over for just a small piece of brown that I needed for a block.  But when she asked if I'd seen the new fabric that had just come in (nope) and pointed me in that direction, I just could not resist - it's gorgeous!

Now I'm off to the post office to mail Mom my Sony e-reader.  Hers died today, and now that I have the iPad I don't need the e-reader.  Plus I'm still pretty much a DTB kind of person.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment