Wednesday, May 3, 2017

So many mornings I've awakened on my own before 5:00... but of course today <g> was not one of those. While it's been quite a while since I've woken up to the blaring of an alarm (I can't even remember the last time that occurred) it was unpleasant as I remember.


Did take a relaxing soak while I sipped my 'coffee', and we did leave for the airport on schedule, but the traffic stressed me out; we were at a virtual standstill getting onto I-10, and Tom observed that it was like a giant parking lot. 


So it was no surprise that we got to the airport later than planned.  It didn't help that there was a substantial line at curbside checkin, so I was beginning to worry that my A43 slot wasn't going to do me any good after all if I was ultimately late getting to the gate. However the good news was that I was able to use the pre-check short-cut line to go through security (my first time for that) thus avoiding the very long regular line.  Though security did confiscate the little tublet of yogurt from my lunch, at least I got to the gate just as they were boarding - and captured the seat I wanted.



On the flight were some teens heading toward a YEA (young entrepreneurs ass'n) event in Rochester for Saunders Scholars. They are some of the 300 finalists who have started businesses or invented something or created a non-profit. Sitting with me were 13-year-old Emma and her mother Phyllis.  Check out Emma's website: roversreview.com

INTENSE turbulence as we winged our way across the country, and the flight attendants had to sit down and buckle up several times. The last 20 or 30 minutes were particularly scary, so I was relieved to make it back to terra firma safely, albeit with a rather hard landing - though all that wind did push us here quite a bit earlier than expected. My luggage arrived on the carousel less than a minute after I had made my way there, and the bags were still right next to each other. Glad they had the reassurance of each other during the rough flight.


It's always great to spend time with Sandy and Andy... but Pippa gave me an especially warm welcome <G> and it seems that she'll sleep in my room tonight.

Hordes of stunning yellow goldfinches delighted me at the feeder right outside the living room. Wish I'd had my camera, but now that I've unpacked I hope to snap a pic tomorrow.

After dinner (Sandy whipped up a delicious meal) we started watching Michael Keaton in The Founder. We were all enjoying it, but since we'd gotten a late start we decided to finish it tomorrow evening. Of course my body is still on Arizona time, so despite the late hour here I think I'll do some reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment