Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I had an uneventful flight home yesterday, with only a little bit of turbulence.  The pre-check line at Security was not open, so I did have to wait in the regular line, but Andy had gotten me to the airport in plenty of time.  While I did not have to take off my shoes (like on the flight out), I did have to take my laptop out of the case (unlike the flight out.)  I even remembered to take my last dose of antibiotic right on time mid-flight, despite having to turn my cell phone off.  The alarm had come in handy every day.

My luggage was some of the very last to appear, so of course I was relieved to see it get spit out.  Tom was waiting to pick me up, and though he still seems to be moving somewhat gingerly he says his back is 95% better.  It was pretty amazing to walk out into temps only in the 70s at lunchtime in mid-May!  (Seems like I've been dragging cool weather with me wherever I've gone...) We're going to have nice cool weather for a few days - and NO one is complaining - but Summer and the endless triple-digit temps are lurking.

There were flowers and chocolate waiting for me on the kitchen counter from Alex, and he came over for a little bit before heading off to meet up with friends. Tyga was quite happy to see me - and definitely smelled Pippa on my jeans!  Hopefully I'll see him Alex before he leaves for work tomorrow, starting with a Taco Festival in San Diego. But if not, he'll be back the end of the month since he's not meeting up with that one music tour after all.  

Before Alex had to blast off he "fixed" the printer.  Since I lost my cache of documents when the other computer crashed, I pulled up an e-mail for the test print.  But Mom should find it somewhat amusing that after helping her find her e-mail print option I can not find mine.

Tom had a roast in the crock pot for dinner.  I was already fading by dinner time, but forced myself to stay awake until 8:00 (which was 11:00 by my body's reckoning.) I'd set my alarm for 6:30 yesterday, but I woke up on my own at 5:30, so it was a fairly long day any way you look at it.  Although this morning I woke up before 5:00, I still got a solid eight hours of sleep.  Wasn't sure if I'd make it to Busy Bees this morning - but obviously I have plenty of time!

Still didn't have much voice yesterday, and haven't tried to talk yet today since Tom is still asleep.  But except for a cough when I try to breathe deeply I feel pretty good.  I was a little worried about the lingering congestion - I have never forgotten the pain during one flight in Australia years ago when I thought my eardrums were going to burst! But I kept clearing my ears (a lesson learned from scuba diving the following year) and had no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment