Friday, July 22, 2016

This afternoon I went into town with Terry - and Shadow, who was overdue for his shots at the vet. Of course he was not a happy camper, meowing the whole 45-minute drive. But the visit itself went well, and soon we were off on our other errands. 

While Terry popped into Walmart I stayed in the car and made some phone calls while I had service. I was able to speak with the Terry who is taking care of our irrigation, and he reports that all is going well. My main concern was whether he could continue to deal with it if we return home later than originally planned, and luckily he says he can. If he'd been heading out on vacation it could have been a problem. 

Then I spoke with Mom. (I was expecting to get her machine because I'd forgotten we'd lost an hour when we crossed into Colorado; thought it was later there than it actually was and figured she'd already be at dinner.) Neither one of us had much news, but always nice to check in and chat.

The quilt store did carry some DMC thread, so I was able to find some that will work for the missing colors. Which is good, because I was pretty much done with everything else but now can get back to work.

Last stop was the grocery store and then we headed home. Shadow was a much happier traveler going in that direction, and once he was let out of his crate he returned to his usual wanderings.  This morning Terry found him sitting in the hallway upstairs, just watching a mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment