Thursday, January 2, 2014

Irrigation is all taken care of, and surprisingly I woke up on my own 5 minutes before my alarm was scheduled to go off this morning, which is always nice.  Doesn't look like the front yard quite got all the water it needs, but that happens sometimes.

This morning while waiting for it to be time to let the water go, I wandered around on Pinterest (for the first time in many, many months.)  And finally a system upgrade that I like - it notified me a few times that a pin (I had chosen to pin) had already been pinned by me.  I'd always wondered why the system didn't do that... but now it does!  That should cut out duplicate postings from now on.  I try to delete mine when I come across them, but not everyone does.  

Only thing scheduled for today is PT mid-afternoon.  I'm a little stymied on my embroidery quilt until I can pick Carolyn's brains, and she's got something coming up on Saturday that she's busy getting ready for.  But maybe the two of us can get together on Sunday.  I only have a couple of weeks left to get it done.

I chatted briefly with Mom this morning before she had to leave for her PT.  She's going because she had noticed her balance was getting bad; so many of her friends have fallen and injured themselves and she definitely hopes to avoid that.  The good news is that PT seems to be helping her - she reports that her balance has greatly improved (though I doubt we'll see her doing this any time soon!)

She's also started using her cane more when she's out and about 'just in case' - always good to be proactive.



No comments:

Post a Comment