Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Great day at quilting - everyone happy to see me, and the feeling was mutual. As usual my favorite part of the meeting was Show and Tell when I got to see lots of the ladies' quilts, some of which are shared below. 

First up were the patriotic applique projects (some finished, some not) from Sandy Steele's recent class:

Joyce, Joanie, Pat

Louise, Carolyn, Pennie

Bobbi, Patty, Jan

We also got to see some cupcakes from Bobbi's class:

Joanie's

Betty's

Carol's

and Pennie's, proudly held by the recipient, her granddaughter Jillian

This impressive Dresden Plate was finished by Monica (she merely received a pile of the hand-sewn plates from the maker's great-grandson. ) Monica then mounted them on the cream background and finished it up with her usual beautiful quilting. The quilt turned out gorgeous, and is sure to be treasured by Elizabeth's family!



I also liked this UFO from Sandy Steele.  When she first started quilting she cut a small square from each fabric she bought, and also had the ladies (many of whom are 'no longer with us') sign a plain square, which she turned into this memory quilt.

Afterward, Carol and I headed down to the quilt store where I picked up the 9 fabrics I need for Zach and Bekka's wedding quilt. How nice that blues and purples, the main colors, were on sale (today and tomorrow only.)  But since I want the actual quilt to be a surprise, I won't be posting any pix (only progress reports) until it's finished and delivered to them.   I would like to report that was a very good girl at the store.... I only looked at fabrics I needed for their for quilt, and that's all I bought.  Mind boggling, huh?

Many thanks to Carol for helping me decide on the 9 fabrics.
While I was at quilting I got a phone call from Estera that she'd made too much breakfast quiche and wanted to bring me some. Luckily Lisa was here to take delivery, and it made an absolutely delicious lunch when I got home.
Many thanks to Estera, also!

And that was my exciting Wednesday.  
Tomorrow not likely to be as exciting since it should include several naps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment