Sunday, June 10, 2012

Burst of energy this morning.  

I've always been a morning person, but unfortunately other people around here are usually still sleeping during my most productive times.  However, this morning I have the house to myself - and even without 'coffee' today (no caffeine or chocolate allowed in preparation for cardiology tests Monday and Wednesday) I feel pretty energetic... curious to see how long it lasts before I need a nap!

First thing I did was sweep the house.  This time of year Sapphire sheds big time, so in addition to the 'regular' dirt there was quite a bit of cat hair.  Next I threw in a load of laundry (the never-ending story), made up some hummingbird nectar (for little guys they certainly manage to eat/drink a lot) and did a little mucking of the 'homework' desk (but of course I only made a dent.)  Then it was off for a 'basics' run to Wal-Mart (we were running out of lots of necessities, most importantly TP) before it got hot.

Once home again I read the Sunday paper and started on the NY Times crossword.  (Was I the only one who didn't the Sunday comics in the paper today?  I usually save them for 'dessert' but had to forego that treat this morning.)  

Now it's time for a break, but hopefully I will get back to my 'to do' list in a little while... I really need to get the graduation cards/checks in the mail today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment