Saturday, June 30, 2012

Good news - didn't sleep nearly as much this Thursday/Friday cycle as I have been, just short naps in the afternoons.  No idea why, but I am certainly not complaining!  Did spend much of the time horizontal, reading or watching an eclectic range of movies.  

Dolphin Tale (certainly no surprises in the plot, but very enjoyable)

In and Out (different sort of role for Kevin Kline - and he does a fantastic job)

Rabbit Hole (well done - no pat answers here)

Hot here - of course that's no real surprise for summer in Arizona. But it's hot everywhere..... saw in the paper that over 1000 heat records were broken earlier this week. 
Talked to Mom this morning - their temps are practically as high as ours, but of course they have that awful humidity... I can only imagine how miserable everyone is.

 Looks like a long, hot summer! But Tuesday morning when Tom woke up to pack up and head home from northern CA (where he was camping) there was an inch of snow; when he drove through Palm Springs the next day it was 115. How's that for a contrast?

I finally have my quilting 'room' back - Alex opened up the table for me last night.  I sure have missed it.  This morning Patti is coming over to 'borrow' some stitches on my machine, and maybe while she's working I will too.  My projects have really piled up these past 6 months.
Lisa cooked dinner last night (tilapia, rice, and roasted cauliflower) and it was delicious.)  She can have the job any time!

Enjoy your weekend, and try to stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment