Monday, March 5, 2012

I am currently out of bed after basically sleeping around the clock for the past 48 hours.  When I'm too tired to read, you know I'm wiped out!  Hopefully I'm over the hump on chemo #2.  Rumor has it that it was a beautiful day yesterday - too bad I missed it. <g>  Big plans for today?  A shower!!!

Here's a little excerpt from Bev's recent speech:

......If I have one key message to other cancer patients, it’s to stay positive. Once I learned that focusing on the joys of life instead of the what if’s, dealing with cancer became a whole lot easier. And, I wouldn’t let anyone take me to the dark side – I have control over me, and surprisingly, with an upbeat attitude, could control how others talked to me and treated me.  

I learned that life is not living and worrying from CT scan to CT scan. It’s about laughing with friends, spending quality time with family, celebrating simchas and stopping to smell the roses as often as possible.  ......And, for my friends and family, it’s OK to say, “How are you feeling? I’m there for you if you need me.” But mostly, I want to hear “Let’s do something fun.”
 
I'm looking forward to having the energy to do fun stuff again - like quilt!

1 comment:

  1. Okay... so maybe Bev is my new hero... no, no, it is still you... well, Bev does give speeches and I love speeches... but I'm guessing she doesn't schlepp like you do... this is very tricky... have to think about it... xo

    ReplyDelete