Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Yesterday's annual check with my breast surgeon was routine and boring - just the way I like it! - and now I'm good-to-go for another year.  


As long as I was in that neighborhood I popped over to get my chest x-ray taken care of, and still had time at home (before the gym) to make an appointment for my blood draw on Thursday (in preparation for a check-up with the oncologist on Tuesday), and a tree-trimming appointment on Monday for some of the larger elms along the ditch that could threaten the guest house.




Last night Tom and I watched several shows on the history of aviation and the current work on space travel; so many of the things that scientists are working on were used in Seveneves (which we recently finished reading) that the science which was embedded in shows made more sense to me than it might otherwise have.  The author obviously did his homework, and incorporated a lot of truth in his SciFi tale.



Today we are expected to break several weather records.  First, the high for the day, which should reach (at least) 90.  (This while much of the nation is in a deep freeze!) AND we are expected to shatter the record for the earliest 90-degree day, which currently sits somewhere the end of this month.  Tomorrow should be an even warmer day, and then we plummet back into the 80s.



Lynn is on her way over to cut the fabric for the upcoming baby quilt.  That's going to be a fun project, with attendees at this weekend's baby shower each creating a block.  Of course I'll post pix down the road!



And after Lynn leaves I plan to post the remaining pix from the quilt show.

No comments:

Post a Comment