Monday, February 15, 2016

We had a delicious family dinner last night, and Alex (and Tyga) were able to join us after all.  Here are some of the 'family' photos we snapped yesterday.  (During this photo session Michelle was busy packing up several boxes of rocks that Tom will mail to her tomorrow.)












My grilled salmon was a hit (usually is), the broccoli and rice finished at the correct time, and Lisa broiled the grapefruit I had sectioned.  No one left the table hungry! Over dinner I had Lisa regale Michelle with her Fidel Castro story (which, just like the mere mention of Petaluma, had me laughing before she even got started, and during which I laughed so hard my eyes leaked.)



After dinner we looked at my quilt show pix, and Michelle was blown away with the artistry and creativity.  So I dragged out some of my quilts to show her, and again she was properly impressed. Lisa spent much of the evening poring over her various childhood picture albums, which caused her and Michelle to crack up constantly. 



This morning I got them to the airport right on schedule.  Despite it being a legal holiday today the freeway certainly wasn't empty, but at least there were no tie-ups or slow downs and I was back home by 8:00.  Which means that I've got some time before my annual check-up with the breast surgeon later this morning and thus I can post yet more pix from Saturday's show.

This is certainly a happy family portrait!



The pieces were raw edge applique, with the crest of the wave employing some 3D pieces of fabric, for a very effective, and realistic, scene.



Beautiful horses!




Who doesn't love mermaids?  And I like the combo of the art applique with a traditional 'border'.



Another quilt with a mermaid theme.




And while we're underwater....



My photo does not do this galactic quilt justice!



Cute little chickadee!




This representation of a dollhouse had SO much detail!


Notice the 'Rosie' poster for inspiration in the sewing room.


A chest-ful of quilts in the attic!


Spectacular!!!




Batiks worked perfectly here.



Incredible use of fabrics to attain this furry look!



So creative!



Quite the landscape!




This one caught everyone's eye.



A cartoonish-style landscape that was still quite dramatic.







Probably impossible to go wrong with any view of Antelope Canyon.  Some day I want to do one, and the biggest problem will no doubt be choosing which one of my 100 spectacular photos from my visit to use!



Happy flower - great way to use some of the various red scraps sitting around!





Simple but eye-catching!



Seeing this reminded me of our annual forarys each Spring so Mom could see the cherry blossoms.  It wasn't that exciting for the 3 of us in the backseat - though as an adult I certainly can appreciate their beauty.



I'm not usually drawn to pastels, but this quilt had a stained-glass quality to it.


And then once I got up close to it I was even more impressed by how the color effect was achieved.  (Notice that a man created this.)







And finally, as a reward for Bana (in case she gets this far)...



There are still more pix left to post, but I'm out of time at the moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment