Friday, February 26, 2016

Mary brought over her 'Pizza Box' yesterday for me to take to Foothills for the March meeting (when the first swap occurs) because she'll be out of town.  Her block, of course, is stunning!



And she has some gorgeous fabrics in the box. 






I didn't sign up for this year-long project because I have no idea what my hand situation will be, and when others are counting on you that's just not fair.  Basically it's a twist on the Round Robin idea.  For this project the ladies collected their choice of fabrics and made the first block.  Each month the box of fabrics (and already completed blocks) will be rotated to another quilter, who will select from the fabrics to make another block.  At the end of the year the box will be returned to the original quilter who can then turn all the blocks into a quilt. 




I realized that I never finished posting pix from last weekend's trip to the quilt show in Tucson.  So here are some more of the quilts that caught my eye.

I've always had an affinity for star quilts, and we all know that I like color!



This one was certainly eye-catching!



I liked the arrangement of these 4-patches 
and scrappy half-square triangles.



This turned out lovely, partly because of the beautiful batiks she used.  Talking with her I found out that she spent a lot of time auditioning different fabrics until she got just the effect she wanted.  I know that feeling!



Yes, these are tiny little squares.



Black and White and Red - always a winner!



See all the purple buttons?  Thought of Mel!



Beautiful Double Wedding Ring with appliqued border!



Not only were the birds outside the "window" well done, 
but I enjoyed the addition of the kitties watching them.



The fabrics and threads in this quilt, some of which were metallic, 
were very effective!




Landscape image in batiks:



Another scrap buster quilt - apologize for blurriness.



This was one of the quilts that got my vote;
her thread doodles were most effective!







Tulips for Mom :-)



This was another cute scrap buster. with simple 9-patches on point 
and ladies (which could be SBS blocks, Linda!) around the edge.



Of course every SBS quilt makes me think of Linda.




For some reason I don't have a shot of this entire gardening quilt, 
just a close-up of one block.  Thought of Sandy!



I know several people who love dragonflies.  Sadly the lighting wasn't the best, and the colors don't show up well in my photo.


The close-up of one block turned out better.



Wonky Log Cabin:



And as a reward for Mom for getting to the end of all the quilts, here's one of the stunning thread quilts.  NO fabric in this one, just miles and miles of thread.  






No comments:

Post a Comment