Saturday, February 27, 2016

I did some more puttering (topped off the pool, watered all the plants) and put off going to the grocery store long enough that Tom went.  While I still get to cook the steak, at least I was saved from deciding and shopping.  That counts as a WIN!



Did take another nice soak (I'm counting it as hand therapy....) and relaxed while I listened to NPR.  With the Oscars coming up tomorrow night, they aired a segment on NOTscars, "for everything you won't find at the Oscars!" Of course <g> it was entertaining.  I missed the beginning parts, but I got to hear the portion about the competition between airlines to compose the pre-flight safely video that people will actually pay attention to.   (Over the years I've seen YouTube clips of flight attendants giving their spiel in a comic and entertaining way - though it hasn't happened on one of my flights.) 


Then there was the blurb about the Ernie Awards (in Australia) that I'd never heard of.  

Welcome to the Ernie Awards for Sexist Remarks. This strange institution is now in its 23rd year. Each September 300 women come together at a splendid dinner in NSW Parliament House to judge the most sexist remarks by public figures during the previous year.

The winners are chosen by whichever nomination receives the 
loudest boos. In tight contests, a boo-off is required.

IF they included Americans I'm pretty sure that Donald would have a lock on this one.



I also picked up another crop of downed oranges, and easily have more than I need to whip up another half gallon.  So to get ready for that I finished off the last batch while I read.  Maybe I'll juice tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment