Sunday, February 21, 2016

Colleen picked me up yesterday morning (change of plan once I realized we'd be getting home after dark) and drove to The Three Dudes (at I-10 and Elliot) where we were going to rendezvous with Stephanie and Pat.  Although the store doesn't open until 9:30, and the two of us arrived at 9:00, they opened up and invited us in as soon as they saw us peering through the window; so we got to shop while they rolled out stuff (like this bench) in front of the store and got ready for their day. 



.  I'd only been there once before (it's definitely a schlep over to that end of the valley) and remember how warm and inviting I had found it then.  


The usual crazy drivers were on the highway (like the semi-driver who was wandering over the line, and who, when we finally passed him, could be seen looking down at his crotch, no doubt texting!) Happily Colleen is a defensive driver (we all voiced our frustration with our husbands, who tend to tailgate, and decided it's a 'guy thing') and we avoided all mishaps.  



The show was fun, and held on the lower level of the convention center.  Which meant that heading in we had a wonderful over-all view of the entire room, which I think is the first time I've gotten that particular view of a quilt show.   Lately I've seen several quilts utilizing that view, like this one of Three Women Drifting from yesterday.



Today I hope to resize/crop/rotate all 159 pictures in preparation for posting (some of) them.  I'm also thinking about heading to the gym for Jim's group class at 1:00 to see what that's all about.  Also may join Yolanda over at Colleen's today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment