Friday, February 19, 2016

It was a good workout at the gym - and of course I love hearing how pleased Jim is with my commitment (I show up twice a week), effort, and progress.  



Without naming names, he tells me about some of his clients who rarely show up and then are disappointed by their non-results. 



Sadly my good mood evaporated soon after I got home 
and contacted Tech Support for the printer.  



Melvin wanted to access my computer remotely, which is usually a good idea (the person on the other end can fix things much faster without my 'help') but not this time.  When I went to the applet which would have enabled him to do that the computer said it was not a recognizable file and asked if I really wanted to go there?  Computers (and the possibility of being hacked) are scary enough without warning messages!



And so it began, with him trying to 'talk' me through the process.  The screen showed the time each one of us "chatted", and bottom line is that over two hours later the printer still wouldn't work.  And that was WAY past my patience limit.  I was supposed to have a cooking lesson this afternoon; Tom's way of cooking a roast tastes much better than my way in the crock pot, though of course it involves many more steps and much effort - but that's not going to happen now.



I took Tilly for a walk to try and work off some of the stress (and maybe lower my blood pressure, which no doubt had passed well beyond critical limits) but I must report that I am still beyond aggravated, frustrated, and bummed.  I'm sure there's a (4-letter?) word for what I'm experiencing....   


Hopefully nothing truly important will need to be printed for some time - because I AM DONE!



Alex borrowed my car this afternoon to head to Parker for the weekend ("it gets better gas mileage than the BMW") so I am left with his car for the weekend.  With a little luck it can just stay parked!  I do need to get to Colleen's by 8:30 tomorrow morning (we're heading down to Tucson for the quilt show), and Alex is fine with me driving it.  But I just realized we'll get back into town after dark - and that would be a problem.  



I am still in a really crappy mood now - that hasn't happened in a while, and most of the time I can brush off Life's Little Aggravations - but computers seem to bring out the worst in me!  Of course I know I'm not the only one, though that isn't really much consolation.




No comments:

Post a Comment