Sunday, February 14, 2016

As I was unloading the groceries from the car Alex showed up to mow.  Shortly after that Tom, Lisa and Michelle arrived from Tucson.  The three of them looked worn out, but happy.  Both girls had made a large number of purchases at the show, though Tom (like me at the quilt show) managed not to buy anything.  No surprise that his magazines were a hit, and while talking with Fritz (the US contact for the magazine) Tom ended up being introduced to the gem & mineral guy from the Smithsonian - who was more than impressed, and wants one of Tom's specimens for the national museum!



While Alex was out mowing, a stray dog showed up and Alex put him in the backyard while he called the number on the tag.  Though there was no answer, I thought I recognized Outlaw.  Sure enough he belongs to the folks whose horses knocked over our wall (and whose 'Dad' delivered the frig here for Tom's shop.)  So I called Edie, who called Barb, who came and got him.  Until then, he played in the yard with Tyga.  BTW Tom is thrilled with his 'new' frig, and I hope that once he gets it hooked up (he and Alex just got the old moved out and the new one moved in) and sees what the issues are he'll still think it's a good deal. 



Looks like I have a few minutes to myself while everyone is unpacking, so I'll see how many more quilt show pix I can post.  Those of you who have seen my quilts know that they are always bright and colorful, so it's no real surprise that colorful quilts at the show caught my eye.

I've been thinking of doing something similar to this one "one day" with some of my scraps.










This quilt with narrow strips of batiks was not only gorgeous -


but SO even!

No comments:

Post a Comment