Saturday, February 6, 2016

We got home from dinner last night just in time to catch Final Jeopardy (no, I didn't get the answer) and then listen to Alex Trebek's explanation of the Wild Card situation.  


Last night was the first time we'd left Tilly in the house alone - though I did confine her to the bedroom where she seemed to doze in her crate while we were gone.  At least she didn't surprise me with any accidents!


And looking back at her second (which was also her last) accident, that happened while we were eating dinner.  Maybe when we thought she was begging at the table she was actually asking to be let out?


Then I watched some episodes of Modern Family, a couple of which I'd never seen (like the adoption of Lily), and then I read.... until midnight!  At which point (even though I wasn't really sleepy) I decided I'd better go to sleep if I was going to get anything at all accomplished today!



First on my agenda today is to remake the bed in Lisa's room, because Michelle is arriving today; Tom will be picking her up at the airport after dinner.  


Michelle has written that she'd like Tom to take her to go check out Quartzsite one day, and also go rock hunting another, during the time she's here before Lisa arrives on Thursday.  Communication has not been the greatest, and at some time she'll be staying with other friends here in Phoenix, so actual plans for the duration are pretty much unknown at this time.


In a bit I'll be heading over to Colleen's to join Stephanie and Yolanda where the four of us plan to work on our individual Barbara Jones patterns.  So far there's no penguin, but all look fun to do!   


Since my writing hand is out of commission for the duration I realized that I won't be able to trace the applique pieces, but when I mentioned that Colleen said she's more than willing to do that step for me. (Since I cut and iron with my right hand, the rest of the project should move along smoothly.) 



The next irrigation schedule has arrived, and it's about as bad as it could possibly be.  We need to do the gates on 35th Ave. Wednesday 'night' around 1:00 am (technically Thursday 'morning') and then let our water go shortly after 3:00 am.  Add to that scenario the fact that Tom may be out-of-town with Michelle, and that leaves me holding the bag.  


Unless I can twist Alex's arm and get him to commit?


Alex never did take care of that huge pile of leaves Colleen and I raked last Friday with the kids (which he did agree to do) so yesterday afternoon I donned a plastic bag over my hand and took care of that myself.


And now I'm off to get ready to start my day!








No comments:

Post a Comment