Thursday, February 25, 2016

Alex and I went to Scottsdale this morning for our tax appointment, and then to Chompie's for lunch.  Their portions are so large that even Alex couldn't finish the 3 'mini'-sliders from his lunch (I know I couldn't last time I was there, when I ordered that) but I did a very good job on my blintzes.


Then this afternoon it was off to TOCA - where I got my cast removed today!!!!!  This is me, doing my HAPPY DANCE!


The swelling and incisions "look great", and I am officially "ahead of the curve" as far as my healing goes. (Tomorrow marks 5 weeks post-op.)  In other good news, the thinking is that I probably won't need that much OT, either.  I can move my thumb without pain, but am back in my splint to keep the thumb immobilized for another week - though I am allowed to take it off to shower, which will be wonderful!



Here's where they chiseled out the bone - there's just a little swelling left, and hardly any 'scar'!  In fact you probably can barely see it in this picture!


And the incision on the under side of my arm, where they took the tendon,
 is even less noticeable...


Of course I will be exfoliating for the next few days, but (because the cast was so short and air could get in?) it didn't look nearly as bad as I expected when the cast came off.


Also on my agenda is to soak in the hot tub tonight!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment