Friday, February 26, 2016

Good leg workout at the gym today, with cardio beforehand. I managed 10 minutes/400 steps on stairs without too much effort, which is a major improvement from when I first started, and then walked the treadmill until it was time to work out with Jim.  We're still doing legs; I won't be allowed to do upper body until I'm (at least) 8 weeks post-op.  The 'strange' thing is that it doesn't hurt me to move my thumb, but there is an issue when I bend my wrist.  I'm sure the OT will address those issues.



On the way home from the gym I was listening to Here and Now on NPR, and heard the interview with Becca Pizzi.  What an incredible feat!!!  And I was feeling so impressed with myself.... lol!

A Massachusetts runner made history by running seven marathons in seven days on seven continents. Becca Pizzi of Belmont won them all, and also won the World Marathon Challenge. In doing so, the 35-year-old single mother also set a record for the fastest women’s time ever run for the week, completing all seven marathons in 27 hours, 26 minutes and 15 seconds. Becca Pizzi joins Here & Now’s Robin Young in the studio to talk about her Herculean feat.



No comments:

Post a Comment