Saturday, February 13, 2016

The carpet looks MUCH better since I cleaned it yesterday morning - both Tilly stains are now gone - and it dried in just a couple of hours.  That looked so nice I was motivated to mop the kitchen floors, so that side of the house looked great - at least until Tilly came in.  Although I wiped her feet "just in case" she'd picked up some post-irrigation yuck, I hadn't realized that there was dried mud up in her pads, which then (of course) kept falling out as it dried.  



She spent today in the yard while I was at the AQS show (with Colleen, Yolanda, and Stephanie) and I was resigned to giving her a full foot-bath before I let her back into the house upon my return.  But before I could do that, Cheri called to see if she could stop by and visit Pokey.  She had her visiting grandsons with her, and Grant was kind enough to do the dirty work for me.  Tilly was not exactly thrilled with the process, but was reasonably cooperative with her front feet.



Not so much with the hind ones, though!


When she was released, she ran straight to me.
I hadn't had to be the 'bad guy'!



We ended up taking the Light Rail down to the quilt show at the Convention Center because it was cheaper than parking 2 cars downtown.  (Stephanie lives in Chandler, so we rendezvoused at Park Central Mall and left both cars there.)    It was the first time riding the LR for all 4 of us, but we had a good experience and would use it again.


The quilt show was wonderful, and happily not nearly as crowded as it had been the last time I went.  Obviously Saturday is THE day to go!  I only took about 100 pictures (just of my "favorite" quilts), many of which need to be cropped, and all of which need to be resized, before posting, but I hope to get that done by tomorrow.  Then everyone else can enjoy the spectacular handiwork of the talented artists.

So be sure to check back tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment