Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This afternoon I made acceptable progress quilting Tommy's quilt, using one of my variegated threads (which seemed pretty perfect with all the reds and blues in the backing fabric.


And look how perfectly centered Susan and I got the backing placed!  
(You can see I only needed an inch or so added to the side.)


I'm about halfway done, and might be able to finish quilting it tomorrow.

First though, I'll be taking Alex to the airport early tomorrow morning, leaving here around 5:00 am (he's got a 6:30 flight.)  When he came over this afternoon and asked me (no idea if he had a Plan B...), it seemed like the perfect time to ask him if he'll take me to the airport for my 6:00 am  flight the end of next month.    



We both hope he can walk tomorrow!  This afternoon he took a nasty spill off the longboard coming home from the gym.  The road rash on his forearms looks bad enough, but he says what really hurts is his foot/ankle. He's been icing it, so maybe it will feel better tomorrow?


Of course he's working tonight (thus effectively ruling out "rest" and "elevation"), plus not too long ago I threw out the bunch of ace bandages that had collected over the years from some of his earlier mishaps.



Never did get any of that 20 % rain today, so maybe tomorrow morning when we're heading to the airport?  Phoenix drivers do NOT know how to drive in the rain....


No comments:

Post a Comment