Thursday, March 19, 2015

Despite the rain, and an accident on I-10 which shut down the HOV lane (a semi had plowed through the guard rail and come to rest on its side), we did arrive at the airport about 5:30, as planned.  Without Alex at the wheel I still managed to make it safely to the nearby cellphone lot, where I pulled out my book and flashlight and started to read.  But even though I'd checked the flashlight last night, it conked out on me after about 5 minutes.


I had at least an hour before it would be light enough to drive, so I turned on the dome light.  And since I was concerned about running down the car battery I ran the engine.  Which means I'm "probably" <g> not going to see very good MPG on this tank of gas after idling for an hour.  Still, I think that beats ending up with a dead battery... at the airport... in the rain.


And speaking of rain - I got home to find an early morning e-mail letting us know that (as of 5:33 this morning) irrigation has been cancelled.  So I don't have to set my alarm and get up early (again) tomorrow morning.



Last night, when Alex was heading out the back door after sharing dinner with us, it's a good thing he was paying attention and not texting & walking.  Otherwise he might have tripped over Pokey.  

  
(FYI his foot is still really hurting him today, 
and another fall was not likely to have improved the situation.)  

At that point I hadn't turned on the heat lamp in her crate yet, 
so maybe it was her way of trying to get my attention?  


I did turn it on then but she never toddled over, 
and is still huddled up by the door this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment