Monday, March 16, 2015

I picked up this book at the library on Friday.  (Lynn enjoyed looking through it, and so did Tom.)  I tried ordering one on Amazon, but the only copy was listed as a Trade In - and even then it almost seemed like they were expecting ME to send THEM a copy....?!?!




The creativity of these quilters is easily evident from their wide range of interpretations.  It was interesting to read about each artist, learning of his/her reasons for choosing a particular song and the way of portraying it.  


Of course photos never do a quilt justice, and my photos of the pix in the book are just an additional step removed.  But you can get some idea from these few I selected to share.


(Good Night used some of the 'eyelash' yarn that I used in my UGLY quilt.)




Hard to read here, but the labeled red dots identify the locations of 'magical mystery' things (Easter Island, Stonehenge, Bermuda Triangle, Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, DB Cooper, etc.) 













Don't think a glue gun was quite what the Beatles had in mind.... <g>









No comments:

Post a Comment