Sunday, March 29, 2015

The quilt show finished up yesterday afternoon, and the convention center sure looked sadly empty after all the quilts were taken down and returned to their owners, and the vendors had packed up and gone home.  



But not to worry - 
I still have a bunch more photos of quilts to share this morning!



Of course not everything on display was an actual quilt.



This whimsical quilt made me smile.




As quiltmakers we are often "playing with blocks"...



The gorgeous fabrics in this quilt set off the center panel beautifully.



Some fun patterns -





You can never go wrong with batiks!



Guess I had my flash turned off on this floral quilt.  



Darlene's Sun Bonnet Sue quilt garnered a place of honor
 in the Exemplary Quilts display area.



Love the scrappy quilts - 
and do keep trying to make a dent in my collection of scraps....



This orange quilt was dramatic, and I know Mom likes orange!



The fabrics in this were eye-catching, though sadly photo seems washed out.



One of these days I'm going to try a fractured quilt.  
And no, I didn't really jiggle the camera on this photo!



Here's another take on the Arizona sky.



I'll end my post with this Baltimore album.  For those of you who don't quilt, know that an INCREDIBLE amount of work goes into these beauties.


And now you've seen (part of!) the quilt show.






No comments:

Post a Comment