Thursday, March 19, 2015

The rain seems to have finally let up (leaving major puddles between here and the guest house), at least for a while.  But I was surprised not to see more activity at the bird feeders when I took a mid-morning soak.  Still no sign of yellow Ms. Finch, but I did spot like this sparrow, with beautiful/intense rust colors on his head and elsewhere, and manage to snap one picture before he zoomed off.  Unfortunately his colors do not show up well in my picture (I'm going to blame that on my equipment, a point&shoot camera) so I'm still not sure if it's a Chipping Sparrow or 'just' a House Sparrow.  I did post my picture on the birding site for possible help with identification.



Also enjoyed the view across the yard of the blooms on the orchid tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment