Monday, March 16, 2015

It was a reasonably productive errand run this morning, and I was back home a little after 10:00 when the temp was already 80 degrees.  Yesterday we made it to 89, and (just in case nobody has already noticed?) the news today mentioned that it definitely has been warmer than usual this March.  Later this week it's going to cool down some on Wednesday and Thursday, when there's also a 20 % chance of rain.  Normally that wouldn't make it likely for us to actually get any rain - except that we're scheduled for flood irrigation early Friday morning, which considerably ups the odds of precipitation a day or two earlier.



I left early for the post office (brought a book to read and my thermorest to sit on) so I was 3rd in line when the doors opened later (at which point there was quite a line behind me) and got to go right up to a window.  Jeff and Priscilla should have their wedding quilt by Wednesday!


  Lots of people had come into the 'lobby' during my 20-minute wait in hopes of using the automatic machine, but it wasn't working for anyone (not just me!)


At my next stop, JoAnn's, I got my batting, another bib, and a silver gel pen.  At WalMart I got a finch feeder and seed.  I still have a few other things I'd like to get done before I fade later. Since it also turns out that Lynn won't be coming over this afternoon after all - see her message below - maybe I'll get in a nap this afternoon?
Sorry to say I will not make it today. I was double checking the arrival time of my girlfriend from Minnesota and almost fainted! they arrive today, not the 23rd as I previously thought. Needless to say I have been washing sheets and getting their room prepared! I feel so stupid!However, I am off at noon on Thursday because of the half day. If you are available, I can be there around 12:30.

Glad I never get mixed up on stuff... 


No comments:

Post a Comment