Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lynn came over at noon yesterday, and we were back at it working hard on her quilt.  She had to add some flannel to the pink backing (naturally it only needed a couple of inches on each side) and I had the perfect handprint/footprint to 'coordinate' with the footprintborder on the front. 



We ended up spreading everything out on the floor to tape/pin it since my table isn't large enough, and then Lynn got to work quilting it.  She discovered that quilting IN the ditch is not quite as easy as it sounds.  But considering it was her first time I think she did a spectacular job!  


And as I keep reminding her,
"no one will notice her mistakes at 30 yards on a galloping horse!"



Patti took a break from her house cleaning (I twisted her arm and 'made' her!) and came over to check it out.  She also admired Tommy's quilt. Summer, however, did not make it over with Luke.  Maybe he couldn't find his roller skates?

Things my kids have said this week:
Karl: "So that's his angelical cord?" Umbilical....
Jacob: "Is Luke going to roller skate today?"
Karl: Caleb was claiming to have held his older brother Karl when Karl was born....Karl to Caleb, "Caleb, you weren't even a twinkle when I was born."



By the time Lynn left it was almost 6:00 and she'd made a valiant effort 




but there was still a little quilting left to go.  So I finished that for her last night, and then got started on the binding. I quit around 10:00 and went to bed, but I should have plenty of time to finish it this morning before I head off to Gilbert!



I've already had my 'coffee' and played a game of Hearts on the computer, checked my e-mail and Facebook, and written up a blog entry - and it's not even 6:00 yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment