Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Instead of cutting down the width of Tommy's quilt (what was I thinking?!) I just added a little to the sides of the backing this morning.  Then it was off to Busy Bees.  All's well that ends well, and I do now have it pinned and ready to quilt.  But the procedure was not without its problems.  (And if you're surprised by this you must not know me very well <g>)


First, I "lost" the top when I started laying out the backing and batting on the big table (translation: I set it down on another table) and was all set to run home and look for it when Jan "discovered" it.  


Then I didn't have scissors to cut off the extra batting, 
though that was certainly an easy fix.  



Susan helped me with the pinning - at least until I ran out of safety pins.  Although I'd been 'warned' that the 99¢ Store (just a few blocks away) only carried cheap ones I stopped in there first instead of going "all they way" to 35th Ave.  But their safety pins did indeed look sketchy (imagine them made out of aluminum foil) so I got back in my car and drove the extra couple of miles.  It was a very quick stop (I did not even glance at fabric) but I was surprised at how pricey their safety pins were.  A copy of the 30% off weekly coupon I usually print up was in the car, but had expired on the 14th, and I didn't want to waste the Value Pak 40% off one that's good through May.  


But guess what?  I ran a couple of errands on the way home 
and found the current weekly coupon... in my purse.



Tom is finally starting to feel somewhat better; 
today he's in less pain while taking fewer pain pills.  



Of course now the problem will be to keep him from doing stuff, 
giving his rib a chance to totally heal.






No comments:

Post a Comment