Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I was definitely not thrilled to wake up shortly after 4:00 this morning -
but <sigh> 'them's the breaks'. 


At quilting I showed the mesh bag (again), which was when Monica and I found out that not all of the ladies had gotten the e-mail with the supply list for my class; she sent that out again this afternoon. 

Joanne did a trunk show; we all loved her flamingo quilt!

watercolor piano

fashion

hearts for Valentine's Day

 a similar pattern for Easter eggs

cute snowmen
 
and cute houses


There was not a lot of Show & Tell so the meeting ended early. But I did want to share this gem that Grace found at the Brass Armadillo (a consignment store) for just $3!



I was home for lunch by 11:00, and on the road by 11:30.



The clouds were absolutely stunning on my drive to Flagstaff, another perk of monsoon season.  But the sky darkened as I drove north, and sure enough it started to rain just as I was leaving Flagstaff.  Luckily the rain wasn't heavy (and neither was traffic) and didn't impact my drive.

 

Saw a 'well-behaved' teardrop trailer; it had a sign on its back that made me smile:

 
By the time I was nearing Kayenta I had started feeling rather tired, and since there's nothing after that until Cortez, CO (117 miles and two hours away) I decided it would be prudent to stop for the night.  While I had hoped to make it to Cortez today, I did drive almost 300 miles this afternoon.  Assuming I get another early start tomorrow I should be at the hot springs well before dinner. 





No comments:

Post a Comment