Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Yesterday I finally made the phone call to the Arizona Center for Disability Law, and got some wonderful information from Donna.  I'm trying to rectify the situation ar the neighborhood strip mall.  When it was sold to a new owner a few years ago they redid the parking lot and sidewalks... at which time they took out the curb cuts.  There is still 'handicapped parking'.... 


but without the curb cuts it is impossible for someone using a wheelchair to gain access, and difficult for someone using a walker (like Carol.)  After she broke her hip (twice) last year in falls, it has severely changed her quality of life.  A third fall would be disastrous! 


I am going to start working on my letter, and when I'm at the nail salon on Tuesday (with Carol) will take photos to go with it.  Over the years I've had plenty of practice writing letters...


Now I just need the address of the new owners... I spent considerable time on the Internet and the phone yesterday trying to track them down, but to no avail.  It's almost as if they don't want to be found.....


But I have a few more ideas to try today!









No comments:

Post a Comment