Thursday, December 3, 2015

Yesterday was the Busy Bees annual holiday party.  I picked up Carol (she is so thrilled to be able to get out and about and do stuff again!) and we were off.  Lots of socializing and games, among them LeftRightCenter with fabric strips, and then fabric Bingo (I won, I won!)  Of course the food was delicious, and plentiful, and the day would have been perfect if only my back didn't hurt.... even with my thermorest, sitting in a straight chair is hard.  


Afterward Carol needed to stop at the store (for things like toothpaste, hand lotion, vitamins, etc.) and she was pretty wiped out by then; good thing her walker has a seat!  Of course loading/unloading her walker each time didn't help my hand or back, but it was worth it.  Not only did Carol have a wonderful time, but everyone was so glad to have her with us again.



I rested up in the afternoon, and at 6:00 Myra picked me up for Book Club.  As usual she had whipped up a variety of desserts, but was worried because her husband (the official taste tester) told her that they weren't up to her usual standards.  (She never eats the goodies she bakes!)  I assured her that even if they hadn't turned out as she expected, they would be well-received by the ladies.... and I was right.  The ladies loved them!


Some of the ladies (like me) enjoyed Pope Joan, while others found it hard to slog through.  Cheri had put "the chair" out front, which cracked up those of us who had finished the book.  The selection for next time (The Matriarch, by Anne Edwards) isn't available through our library, so I'm hoping that Marilyn can find it for my iPad.  (I voted for The Wright Brothers, by David McCullough, and Cheri loaned me her copy which I started last night.)



Also have The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks waiting at the library for me to pick up, so I'm not likely to run out of reading material in the near future.

On today's agenda is to see if Craig is at The Runner's Den before I schlep down there to have my feet evaluated to see what brand of shoes will work best for me and my high arch..  See the red circle on the foot at the bottom of the chart?  Chiropractor says that's what is causing a lot of my lower back pain (see backwards 7) and is where my stress fracture was.  And here I've been blaming all that lower back pain on my missing disk all these years.....(And yes, Mom, my flip flops have not helped the situation any.)


No comments:

Post a Comment