Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tuesday I was out of the house virtually all day, running here and there.  First was my (fasting) blood draw prior to next week's appointment with my PCP.  I'd forgotten (if I even knew) that they'd also need a urine sample, so of course I emptied my tank before heading over.  (Hopefully they'll have enough to do what they need with my paltry sample!)  I did look into the snafu regarding the 2/18 draw for my oncologist appointment (on 2/23) and it seems all tests were run after all, the results just VERY slow to show up.  Bottom line - I will go back to the original lab for oncologist draws; was only using this PCP's lab to make things easier for her.



After a quick stop at home for some breakfast I headed over to Dunlap, to say hi/bye to John.  The finished wall looks great; too bad he won't be around to see the landscaping (going in "soon"), or the new bus shelters when they go up.  But I'll be sure to keep him updated (in Houston) with pix!



I still had about an hour before I needed to pick up Carol, so I popped over to Colleen's nearby.  I did call to see if she was home, but her brand new phone wasn't set up to ring, just vibrate.  Which of course she didn't realize until I showed up and we wondered how she missed my call.  Did get to see her llama progress (still needs a border), as well as the raffle quilt.




On Monday Luisa, who has done wonders with Carol's nails, had come over to soak her aching back, and afterward I showed off the stacks of Carol's tops I'd 'rescued' from Pennie's.  When Luisa gushed over one of them, a colorful wall-hanging size, I gifted it to her.  She was thrilled, and Carol was happy yesterday to see it going to such a well-deserved home.


Carol's pedicure took longer than usual (it'd been 6 weeks since I'd been able to take her) and also her manicure (Luisa had to remove the nails that hadn't worked) so Carol was there almost 4 hours!  
I did run home (it's only a mile from here) for a bit to get some things done, and saw that Alex (and Tom) had mowed the front and back yards.  Major improvement!  (Wasn't sure Alex, who is leaving today to work Spring Break in Florida for a month, would actually get around to it as promised.)  He should be back around the beginning of April, in time to work Spring Break in Havasu.


This morning I'm off to Sharon's bag class, though I'll just be watching and taking pix.  Then home to get ready for Marilyn and Frannie's arrival.  While it's possible they could arrive tonight, it's more likely they will stop at some point and cruise in tomorrow morning.  

Gotta run.... again!

No comments:

Post a Comment